Re: How to force rebuilding a pacakge?

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: How to force rebuilding a pacakge?
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 11:26:28 -0400

On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 02:57:42PM +0200, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just try (force-) rebuilding some package (python-scikit-learn), I do
> not succeed:
>
> - guix build … simply fetches the package from hydra
> - guix build --no-substitutes … rebuilds an lot of other stuff , e.g.
> fontforge-dist
> - guix build --check … does not provide a meaningful build log
> - guix build --check --log-file … does not provide a meaningful build
> log either
>   guix gc -d /gnu/store/*python-scikit-learn* does not change this

In the past couple days, we took some changes from upstream Nix daemon
code (7f3b2510d) that change the way --check works.

I haven't tried it yet, but it seems that it will allow you to keep
build logs if you pass --keep-failed and if the build differs from the
previous iterations. If it does not differ, then it shouldn't matter :)