General Question: Execution of binaries not built for GuixSD

From: christoph vogelsberg
Subject: General Question: Execution of binaries not built for GuixSD
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 01:21:25 +0200

Hello

I have a fresh installation of GuixSD and I'm keen of learning more. I struggle
with a concept and don't know how to circumvent best:

Binaries built for ordinary Linux's (as, in my case, Firefox Developer Edition)
expect libraries on certain standard pathes which doesn't exist on GuixSD. I
found three possibilities that might work:

* use fakechroot to make my user profile a pseudo root (disadvantage: I have no
experience, it seams there is no package for that)
* create symbolic links (disadvantage: new builts get a new path with a hash
value and must be re-linked properly)
* install a minimal Linux and use Guix instead of GuixSD (disadvantage: this
would the point where I had capitulated)

My question: is there an already elabored way, documentation and so on, for
this specific problem?

so long
cvog (Christoph Vogelsberg)