Re: GuixSD on arm (ng0)

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: Re: GuixSD on arm (ng0)
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 21:45:45 +0200

Hello,

Leo Famulari writes:

> On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 03:04:56PM +0200, David Craven wrote:
>> Just chiming in here...
>>
>> I know that github being propietary software probably won't be
>> considered, but it is unarguably an awesome piece of software,
>> possibly the best propietary software since google search :-) I think
>> that using github would improve the efficiency of submitting/reviewing
>> patches. But I'm still new to the sending patches via email thing - so
>> I might get used to it...
>
> I would really prefer to not have to use a web page for contributing to
> Guix. I find the tools `git send-email` and `git am` to be very easy to
> use and much faster than a web site.

Just to throw this in the mix: I contribute to a project called Koha,
which uses Bugzilla as it's tracker.  I know previously this has come up
and I think there are a number of people who don't like it — the reason
I bring it up now, is because there is an extension for git called
git-bz, which basically provides commandline access to bugzilla — at
least for patch management (and I think commenting… though not 100%
sure).

You can apply patches, including entire series attached to specific bugs
to a codebase, upload new patches (including 'obsoleting' previous
versions).

Though I guess you'd still have to perform 'read' operations through the
browser.

I don't have a horse in this race, just throwing in 2¢… :-)

Happy hacking,

Alex