Re: Geiser documentation buffers

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Geiser documentation buffers
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 21:37:46 +0200

myglc2 <address@hidden> skribis:

> Catonano <address@hidden> writes:

>>     Catonano <address@hidden> skribis:
>>
> [...]
>>     > When I ask Geiser to open the documentation buffer on some
>>     symbol at point,
>>     > then when pressing q the buffer won't close. A q will appear in
>>     the buffer
>>     > and it will persist.
>>     >
>>     > C-x k closes not only the documentation buffer but also the
>>     source code
> [...]
>> In the meantime, can I try geiser-next ? Or is it gonna break things
>> irreparably ?
>
> geiser-next also has the problem.
>
> I also hit "when pressing q the buffer won't close". An install from
> https://github.com/jaor/geiser.git to ~./emacs.d/lisp works for me ;-)

On closer inspection, it seems to be fixed by this commit:

commit 8e75455dfbd46355d777c26366e7ccfcb59ace20
Author: Jose Antonio Ortega Ruiz <address@hidden>
Date:   Sun Dec 27 04:11:50 2015 +0100

    Avoiding uses of geiser-doc--with-buffer before its definition

    As patiently pointed out by Alex Kost in the discussion of issue #121,
    using the macro defined by the geiser-popup--define macro before its
    actual definition causes problems when geiser is loaded after
    compilation.  Thanks again, Alex and Federico.

(Discussed at <https://github.com/jaor/geiser/issues/121>.)

Alex, Fede: how about backporting it in our package?

Ludo’.