Re: new GuixSD version?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: new GuixSD version?
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 13:35:01 +0200

Vincent Legoll <address@hidden> skribis:

> Long story short:
>
> My first VM in which I installed guixsd successfully, didn't have enough
> disk space. So I decided to make a new one from scratch : Bad idea...

In the meantime, you could also generate your own up-to-date
installation image, which wouldn’t have this missing-substitute issue:

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Building-the-Installation-Image.html

> And as I'm a complete scheme newbie, I cannot make sense of the
> error messages I get, I cannot even know if PEBCAK...

Please report the confusing error messages.  We need to improve them,
but we need to know exactly what you see and what’s confusing about it!
Old farts like are too much brain-damaged to even realize that error
messages are confusing.  ;-)

Ludo’.