Re: Packaging packages with GPG signed source archives

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Packaging packages with GPG signed source archives
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 10:10:51 +0000

> Hi,
>
> ng0 <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> On the subject of git repos, I do not understand enough of the
>> git-download.scm at the moment to add this myself, but why don't we have
>> git-fsck in it as default?
>
> Dunno; what would it add?
>
> Ludo’.

I don't understand enough of it, I only know someone else added it to
some project I contribute to.
"...verifies the connectivity and validity of the objects in the
database.

git-fsck tests SHA-1 and general object sanity, and it does full
tracking of the resulting reachability and everything else. It prints
out any corruption it finds (missing or bad objects), and if you use the
--unreachable flag it will also print out objects that exist but that
aren’t reachable from any of the specified head nodes (or the default
set, as mentioned above).

Any corrupt objects you will have to find in backups or other archives
(i.e., you can just remove them and do an rsync with some other site in
the hopes that somebody else has the object you have corrupted)."
--
ng0
For non-prism friendly talk find me on http://www.psyced.org