Re: notmuch users: how do you filter debbugs?

From: ng0
Subject: Re: notmuch users: how do you filter debbugs?
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 17:13:17 +0000

Hi,

"Patricia J. Hawkins" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm just getting started setting up to use notmuch (your message
> attracted my attention to it!) but looks like the afew script is
> designed to do this, as a companion processer ("initial tagging") for
> notmuch.
>
> https://github.com/teythoon/afew

I actually have that as a work in progress package, but I can no longer
work on it.. if I really do have it, there might be further dependencies
which are needed or a massive amount of tests which need to be patched.
Are you interested in taking this over?

> That and other initial tagging strategies are described here:
> https://notmuchmail.org/initial_tagging/

So the name initial tagging is just wrong? I did not do this when I
started using notmuch because I have my own 'wrapper' around what gets
my mail and notmuch... mail comes in, inbox tag gets removed, tags
according to list/person/organisation get applied, emacs view of notmuch
is setup to show the tags and searches.

> Google round to see how others have used it in their setup.

> n> Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

If I may ask, what kind of mail writer/reader do you use which produces
this really nice addition of initials between the quote chars?