Seeking working, complete example for a vm

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Seeking working, complete example for a vm
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 13:01:22 +0200

Hi,

for a demonstration I need to set up a container running nginx and
postres and maybe ssh. nginx and ssh should be accessible from outside
the vm, at least from the host. After some struggle with building the vm
[1] I'm now able to boot it. I already copy the image our of the store
(as advised in the manual). But I still experience some problems:

1) lsh wants keystrokes a random-seed on each boot. This looks like
file-system will not be preserved over reboots. How can I solve this?

2) Using "guix system reconfigure" *within* the vm would be great. But
where do I find the system declaration within the vm? Or is it
preferable to share my working directory?

3) How can I *easiest* setup networking, either bridged or "NAT" (how
virtualbox names it). Since this

4) Can I specify this in the system declaration? Or is there some other
way to declare the vm, including all the parameters to be passed to
qemu? If not, this is not much of a problem, as another bash-script
would do the job.

9) Minor glitch: How can I turn of the colour in ls using the system
declaration?

Thanks in advance for all tips.

[1] On the host, /dev/kvm needs to have group kvm and g+rx and
guixbuild..-users need to be members of this group, This is written in
the manual, but not emphasised.

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel