Re: After installing Java, what should I set JAVA_HOME to?

From: Zachary Kanfer
Subject: Re: After installing Java, what should I set JAVA_HOME to?
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 23:20:54 -0500

I don't want to use Guix to build my project because I'm developing it. So, for example, I want to run tests often, and that uses Gradle. I want to integrate a build into my editor. I want to make a Guix manifest that can set up a machine for other people to use, and they don't want to use Guix for day-to-day development.

I am not sure what trust store is being used. I'm also not sure how to check what trust store is being used.

So when using Guix, what should $JAVA_HOME be set to? Has anyone else done a Java setup using Guix?

On Nov 2, 2016 2:18 AM, "Chris Marusich" <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Zachary,

Zachary Kanfer <address@hidden> writes:

> But I started the gradle quickstart guide, and I've started running
> into problems. Right now I have $JAVA_HOME set to
> /home/zck/.guix-profile/, but I am suspecting that is not right. When
> I run `./gradlew clean`, I get the following error:
>
> address@hidden:~/code/gradle-test$ ./gradlew clean
> Downloading
> https://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-3.0-bin.zip
>
> Exception in thread "main" javax.net.ssl.SSLException:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error:
> java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors
> parameter must be non-empty
>
> (further stacktrace elided)

Perhaps Java cannot find/access the truststore (or can access it but
found nothing in it)?  Do you know what trust store is being used?
Where is it, and what are its permissions?

> Further supporting my suspicion that JAVA_HOME shouldn't be the guix
> profile is that I would think either guix or java should manage the
> directory, but not both.

I think a bigger question here is why do you need to use Gradle directly
to build your project?  What's stopping you from using Guix to do it?

--
Chris