[ANN] Emacs-Guix 0.3

From: Alex Kost
Subject: [ANN] Emacs-Guix 0.3
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 18:28:16 +0300

Hello, I have updated 'emacs-guix' package to 0.3 (and guix development
snapshot package as well btw).  For those, who don't know, Emacs-Guix is
an Emacs interface for GNU Guix: <https://github.com/alezost/guix.el>.

Here is a summary of changes (comparing to 0.2.2):

1. Alternative ways to show a package *graph*, *size*, and to *lint* a
   package.  Previously, it could be done only through "M-x guix"; now
   there are 3 additional ways to do it:

   - New "G"/"z"/"L" key bindings in "Packages" buffer;

   - New "Graph"/"Size"/"Lint" buttons in "Package Info" buffer;

   - New commands:

     M-x guix-package-graph
     M-x guix-package-size
     M-x guix-lint

2. New command that allows you to look at the packages from your system
   config file:

   "M-x guix-packages-from-system-config-file"

   I mean you can call this command, specify "config.scm" with
   'operating-system' declaration, and it shows what packages this os
   contains.

3. A couple of auxiliary commands:

   "M-x guix-switch-to-buffer": analog of "M-x switch-to-buffer" but
   it completes only *Guix ...* buffers.

   "M-x guix-extended-command": analog of "execute-extended-command"
   (bound to "M-x") but it completes only Emacs-Guix commands.

4. Shell completions now use Guix REPL which is faster then calling
   'guix' shell commands (as it was before).  This was suggested by
   Ludovic a long time ago:

   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2015-06/msg00088.html

--
Alex