What about dependency resolution à la apt?

From: Amirouche
Subject: What about dependency resolution à la apt?
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 19:52:58 +0100

Héllo,

AFAIU guix does hardcode the dependencies so that to know the dependencies
one has onlytocrawl the dependency DAG using a BFS or something. I don't
know what is the exact part in guix that does that. It's only my understanding.

What about having apt-like dependency resolution, also like npm where version are specified in terms of "superior to", "equal to" taking advantage of semantic
versionning?

tx!