Re: torsocks works with wget but fails git-clone: "unable to lookup symb

From: Mekeor Melire
Subject: Re: torsocks works with wget but fails git-clone: "unable to lookup symbols in libc.so.6"
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2017 23:08:15 +0200

ng0 <address@hidden> writes:

> That's not enough for torify (torification? to use torsocks / the SOCKS5
> of tor) of applications. As I told you earlier, you need a SOCKSPort,
> like so:
>
> (services (cons*
>             (tor-service
>               (plain-file "torrc"
> "SocksPort 127.0.0.1:9050\n"))))
>
> This can be extended any other values you can find in "man torrc" as
> long as you end the lines with "\n".
>
> The (tor-service) is mostly just usable for offering onion services, and
> we should document that the default is to leave it up to the person
> using the system to
> configure more behavior.

Why does the exact same command, namely “torify git clone
https://github.com/mekeor/config” work for other people on GuixSD then
without any custom tor-config but just (tor-service)? (Like, in
particular, I remember that rekado told me so.)

Also, after reconfiguring with the snippet you suggested, I still get
the same error.

--
mekeor ~ EDD3 DFFA 76F6 11C0 145F 9A99 AC85 BAD8 A2F8 C868