Broken fonts in gnome-terminal

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Broken fonts in gnome-terminal
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 10:37:12 +0200

Hello,

Catonano <address@hidden> skribis:

> I did upgrade right now
>
> I also removed fontconfig, gc'ed and reinstalled fontconfig

Not sure what you mean here.  Fontconfig cannot be removed from
/gnu/store without first removing all the graphical applications in
there (almost all them depend on Fontconfig indirectly).

Did you try refreshing the font cache using “fc-cache -f”?

> The terminal is still messed up
>
> Maybe I should remove te fonts, gc and ten reinstall them ?

According to the image you posted

  https://imgur.com/a/0l89F
  https://imgur.com/a/UMayj

you’re using gnome-terminal.  How did you install it?  Are you using
‘gnome-desktop-service’ on GuixSD, or something else?

If you’re using ‘gnome-desktop-service’ on GuixSD, can you reproduce the
problem if you build a VM of your system, with ‘guix system vm’, and run
the terminal in there?

Ludo’.