Re: GuixSD on SBC

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: GuixSD on SBC
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 10:23:58 -0400

On Sun, Jul 02, 2017 at 06:26:55AM -0400, Rchar wrote:
> Hello,
> is there any recommended list of single board computers for GuixSD?
> I read FSF site (1) but it was last updated in June 2015.
> Is there any site like h-node (2) but for SBCs?
> I wanted to buy banana-pro pi (3) but i don't know if it is going to work
> under GuixSD or other free distribution.
> Other possible SBCs (4 5 6), their websites states they are open source but i
> don't know if they are free.
> 1 - https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/single-board-computers
> 2 - https://h-node.org/
> 3 - http://wiki.lemaker.org/LeMaker_Banana_Pro/Pi
> 4 - http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php
> 5 - http://www.orangepi.org/index.html
> 6 - http://cubieboard.org/
> Thanks,
> Robert

Currently, GuixSD runs only runs on Intel-compatible platforms (that is,
i686 and x86_64).

GNU Guix, the standalone package manager, runs on i686, x86_64, and
armhf (aka armv7). Support for aarch64 is a work in progress, but seems
to mostly work:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-06/msg00346.html

We used to support mips64el, but that port is suspended pending the
donation of new hardware and a maintainer.