Re: Set GuixSD on Reiser4.

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Set GuixSD on Reiser4.
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 14:52:01 +0200

Hi Dmitry,

> Hi. I recently wrote package definition for Linux with Reiser4 patch.

Please do not post recipes for building the non-free Linux on the Guix
project’s communication channels.

The Reiser patches probably apply just as well to the Linux libre
sources.

> Can I install GuixSD on Reiser4 with it? Will it work? Does GRUB or EFI
> loader in GuixSD repository supports Reiser4? Is mentioning reiser4 in
> config.scm enought?

That’s likely not enough.  You may also need to tell the initrd to
include the required modules.  This can be done by adding a field like
this to your configuration:

(define %linux-modules
  '("name-of-the-module.ko"
    …))

(operating-system
  …
  (initrd (lambda (fs . args)
            (apply base-initrd fs
                   #:extra-modules %linux-modules
                   args)))
                   …)

I’m not sure if this alone would be sufficient, though.  I’m not very
familiar with this.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net