Re: Lilypond version

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Lilypond version
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 10:21:19 +0200

Mason Hock <address@hidden> writes:

> I notice that Guix has Lilypond 2.19.58, which is the current unstable
> version. Is it possible to access the current stable version, Lilypond
> 2.18.2, via Guix?

It has not been packaged, but it should not be difficult to add a
variant for the stable version by inheriting from the “lilypond” package
definition and overriding the version and source fields.  You can add a
module defining such a package to your GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH (see the manual
for more information about how to use this feature).

Something like this might work (untested):

;;; This file is not part of GNU Guix but is distributed under the same
;;; license as GNU Guix.

(define-module (custom packages variants)
  #:use-module (guix utils)
  #:use-module (guix packages)
  #:use-module (guix download)
  #:use-module (gnu packages)
  #:use-module (gnu packages music))

(define lilypond-stable
  (package (inherit lilypond)
    (version "2.18.2")
    (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
              (uri (string-append
                    "http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/sources/v";
                    (version-major+minor version) "/"
                    name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
              (sha256
               (base32
                "01xs9x2wjj7w9appaaqdhk15r1xvvdbz9qwahzhppfmhclvp779j"))))))

After putting this in $GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH/custom/packages/variants.scm
and setting GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH you should be able to install it with

    guix package -i address@hidden

Hope this helps!

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net