How to add spell checking dictionaries to Icecat

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: How to add spell checking dictionaries to Icecat
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 19:03:44 -0400

Hi!

I asked this question on the freenode #icecat channel yesterday, but
didn't get a response, so I'm forwarding it here.

Is there a way to install dictionaries for IceCat? When I right-click in
a text box and choose 'Add Dictionaries', it brings me here:
http://dictionaries.mozdev.org/. If I then go to the installation page
and try to install the French (France) dictionary, I get: The add-on
downloaded from this site could not be installed because it appears to
be corrupt.

IIUC, the spell checker used by Icecat is Hunspell. We don't seem to
have any hunspell dictionary packaged in Guix. Has anyone got a hold of
this?

Maxim