Command-line info sees more stuff than Emacs info

From: Luther Thompson
Subject: Command-line info sees more stuff than Emacs info
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 18:00:14 -0500

The Emacs info-mode can't see all of the info files on my system. Most
notably, it doesn't see coreutils. The command-line info seems to see
everything just fine.

I'm running Trisquel+Guix. I use the info and coreutils that came with
Trisquel, while Emacs is installed with Guix.

I would expect both info and Emacs to use the same INFOPATH environment
variable. Here are the relevant lines from ~/.profile:

export INFOPATH=PATH
GUIX_PROFILE="$HOME/.guix-profile" ; source "$HOME/.guix-profile/etc/profile"

And the relevant line from ~/.guix-profile/etc/profile:

export
INFOPATH="${GUIX_PROFILE:-/gnu/store/38lybr3lz7d2i1pqx9p025jiinxcpa8m-profile}/share/info${INFOPATH:+:}$INFOPATH"

Thanks for any help,
Luther