Using Eclipse IDE on GuixSD

From: Mathieu Lirzin
Subject: Using Eclipse IDE on GuixSD
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 17:24:24 +0100

Hello,

I would like to install the Eclipse IDE on GuixSD for the Java
development I am doing.  I know that despite Ricardo Wurmus hard work,
the Java story is still not shiny on Guix.  As a consequence I don't
expect to be able to build it from source.

Instead, I would like to have a package definition that uses an official
prebuilt tarball [1] as origin.  Does anybody has a custom package
definition in their GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH for doing that?  If not, I will
try to convert the Nix package definition [2] myself.  But I would be
pleased not to have to.

Thanks.

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/Oxygen/2
[2]
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/tree/master/pkgs/applications/editors/eclipse

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37