Re: common software

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: common software
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 00:07:17 +0100

Hi Marco,

> Even though there is some subjectivity in what is essential software, a
> clean installation of GuixSD is very minimal.  Is there a reason for
> this?

The reason is primarily that with Guix it is *possible* to do so.  It
allows different users on the same system to have different sets of
software; as you wrote this is a very subjective decision, so we simply
leave it up to the user.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net