Re: Don't auto-start a service in Shepherd

From: Rutger Helling
Subject: Re: Don't auto-start a service in Shepherd
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 11:42:05 +0100

Thanks for the replies. My use case is that I don't want to auto-start
SDDM, since I usually start GNOME (Wayland) from the TTY. However there
are certain cases where I want to start GNOME on X11, for which I do
need SDDM.

On systemd you can do "systemctl disable service", so I was wondering if
there was an equivelant command in Shepherd. Removing the
service entirely and reconfiguring every time I want to start SDDM
isn't really what I'm looking for.

I'll have a look at `auto-start?`. I think it would be nice if all
services exposed this option.