Re: Emacs in multiple profiles

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Emacs in multiple profiles
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 10:24:15 +0200

Alex Kost <address@hidden> writes:

> But what your "current profile" is?  How can emacs know about it?  It
> "knows" only about the default (system and user) profiles.  So if you

I'd say Emacs knows nothing at all about profiles. It's Guix that
manages profiles for everyone else, be it bash, Python, or Emacs. To get
the behavior that I expected, Guix would have to define and manage an
environment variable, let's call it EMACS_PATH, which would be used in
site-start.el.

What I cannot judge is how much effort it would be to implement such a
feature, and if it could have undesirable side-effects.

Konrad.