Re: Installation: Load non-free wifi firmware (iwlwifi)

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Installation: Load non-free wifi firmware (iwlwifi)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 11:45:12 +0200

Hey Hartmut,

Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> skribis:

> Am 25.03.2018 um 07:34 schrieb Chris Marusich:
>> As Ludo mentioned elsewhere, using a dongle is one good option.  What
>> prevents you from using a dongle?
>
> Why should I punish myself just for to says "Hey, I'm using only free
> software"? This benefits nobody! [1]

You can do what you want.  Guix as a project is committed to software
freedom, that’s our “contract” with our users, and I think giving them
individual and collective control over the software they use is highly
beneficial to them.

That said, we all prefer when hardware vendors do not make our lives
more difficult, no doubt!

Ludo’.