Re: GuixSD stops on booting process after upgrades

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: GuixSD stops on booting process after upgrades
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2019 18:27:46 -0500

<address@hidden> writes:

> Hello! I cannot give you exact info. The description of a problem I usually
> meet  is this.

Hello!  Thanks for reporting the issue!  Usually when you report a bug,
you want to give a little more information:

What kind of computer do you have?  What kind of processor?  What is the
output of "guix --version"?

> After guix has updated kernel with `guix pull` or `guix system reconfigure
> /etc/config.scm` and I reboot. Boot up process stops with no any errors on any
> line without matter. Not every update this occurs, but sometimes.
> So I reboot and it goes ok. Today I rebooted three times before it started to
> boot properly. I think my new usb bluetooth mouse was the reason, cause guix
> stopped after line 'usb mouse detected'.  I've just unplagged it some new
> line occurs about mouse was disconnected, and I reboot. And guixsd booted ok.

Hmmm, perhaps an easy fix is to use a regular mouse that has a cord.
I'm sure that's not what you want to hear, but it may be the simplest
solution.

There might be a way to mention what kernel modules you need to have
loaded...But I'm really not certain how to fix this.

--
Joshua Branson
Sent from Emacs and Gnus