Re: Supergrub2disk helped me to have the choice at startup

From: hub . lombard
Subject: Re: Supergrub2disk helped me to have the choice at startup
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 11:41:01 +0100 (CET)

Hello Guix people :)

Thanks again Josuha and Maxim for your answers \o

I realize that my last post shows a certain lack of knowledge of the subject
from me but I have the impression of having progressed a little.

I have tried to inser menu-entry into (or after?) (bootloader but I have
obtained several errors...
"unbound variable", "invalid field initialized"... etc.

Here is how far I have been able to explore, without success for now:

address@hidden ~# guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm
/etc/config.scm:9:0: error: extraneous file initializers (menu-entries)

Excerpt :

;; Operating system configuration for a full
;; "desktop" environment with gnome and
;; gnome-shell

(use-modules (gnu) (gnu system nss))
(use-service-modules desktop networking ssh)
(use-package-modules bootloaders certs gnome screen ssh)

(operating-system
  (host-name "gnu")
  (timezone "Europe/Paris")
  (locale "en_US.utf8")

;; Assuming /dev/sda is the target hard disk, and "my-root" is
;; the label of the target root file system, and /dev/sda6
;; the target partition for the GuixSD-0.16
;; installation.
(bootloader (bootloader-configuration
              (bootloader grub-bootloader)
              (target "/dev/sda")))
            (menu-entries
              (list
                (menu-entry
                 (label "Debian GNU/Linux")
                 (linux "/boot/old/vminuz-4.19.0-1-amd64")
                 (linux-arguments '("root=/dev/sda1")
                 (initrd "/boot/old/initrd.img-4.19.0-1-amd64")))))

(file-systems (cons (file-system
                      (device "my-root")
                      (title 'label)
                      (mount-point "/")
                      (type "ext4"))
                     %base-file-systems))

address@hidden ~# guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm
/etc/config.scm:9:0: error: extraneous file initializers (menu-entries)

I have consulted a lot of documentation and examples but several things still
escape me :)

Do you know where I should explore?

Hubert, an end user of GuixSD enthusiastic