Re: Where is gtk-update-icon-cache ... ?

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Where is gtk-update-icon-cache ... ?
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 15:58:40 +0100

On 2019-01-11 09:51, 荒井吉則 wrote:
On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 06:00:05AM +0100, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
 > If you want to install gtk-update-icon-cache you need to install the
 > “gtk+:bin” package to a profile, e.g. by doing
 >
 >     guix package -i gtk+:bin

OK, I will do it.
However I think it is kind to ask will you install bin when someone install like gtk+ or glibc with guix package -i <some library package>.

Your idea seems user friendly, but to implement it we would have to find a way to distinguish library-packages from other packages. I'm not sure how to programmatically distinguish if a package has a bin-output.

Right now you have to investigate the different outputs yourself e.g. by running:

$ guix package --show=gtk+

which lists the different outputs.

--
Cheers Swedebugia