help-gv

[help-gv] When used in safedir mode, gv 3.7.1 waits forever on Mac OS X

From: C D
Subject: [help-gv] When used in safedir mode, gv 3.7.1 waits forever on Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:40:51 +0000 (GMT)

  Dear all,

 I would just like to mention that the safedir mode (which was introduced, AFAIK, in gv 3.7.0) causes gv 3.7.1, on Mac OS X 10.5 with GhostScript 8.71, to open its window and wait forever when one tries to view a PostScript file. The safe directory gets created in /tmp but is it empty. Pressing q closes the window of gv (and the safe directory remains).

 Launching gv with the -nosafedir option solves the problem.

 I don't know if this is a bug of gv (could be something else) and I have not investigated the problem further, therefore I did not file a bug report.

 Best wishes,

  Christophe

P.S. Please Cc me, I'm not subscribed to the
 list.