help-hurd

Re: Spam, Spam, Spam,....

From: Michele Dalla Silvestra
Subject: Re: Spam, Spam, Spam,....
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:38:50 +0100

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 08:53:46AM -0200, Bruno A. C. Ferreira wrote:
> I think much of this spam comes from non members. So, a primary action to
> avoid spam should be to enable the option "member_posting_only" (This list is
> managed by Mailman, right?).

Apart from using procmail in every client side (I think this is a waste of
resource, the main server have to send copies of junk mail to every
members), setting this options and limiting the post with the mailing list
in To: o Cc: can block 99% or most of spamming.

Moderators can be more than one person, and is very simple to manage. With 3
or 4 moderators, some unlucky messages can be a delay minor than 24 h.

ciao

Michele