help-librejs

Re: [Help-librejs] Avoiding the javascript Trap server-side

From: Igor Zobin
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] Avoiding the javascript Trap server-side
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 14:29:36 -0500

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

Am 9. März 2018 5:41 PM schrieb Dmitry Alexandrov <address@hidden>:

> > > For now, I took a liberty to move it back to address@hidden by
> > >
> > > resending your message and continuing there.
> >
> > Right, thanks for that. I'm not used to using maillists, this is why
> >
> > I'm prone to clicking on "reply" instead of "reply all".
>
> Yes, I always wondered, why so many MUAs tend to make ‘reply to sender only’
> easier to press rather that ‘follow-up’ / ‘reply to all’. Even not in context
> of a mailing list, the former is needed much rarely than the latter, if not
> to say that is almost never needed.
>
> If your MUA is one of these, rebinding them vice versa might be helpful.

It's more an issue of me not being used to mail lists.

> > > Sounds nice. I would definitely like to see it, when it’s published
> > >
> > > (in the case it’s in English or Russian).
> >
> > English, Russian and German. The site is going to have all 3
> >
> > languages.
>
> Pardon another unasked advice, but in such case separate feeds for them would
> be highly desirable. (Even if meta-tags are set correctly.)

Thanks for the advice, but this is getting quite offtopic now. I think, the
original question is resolved - one option for creating a website that will
respect the users freedom turns out to be a static site generator (like jekyll).

> Thanks, I was not aware of that. Jekyll as of https://jekyllrb.com is still
> strictly focused on static builds, though, as far as I see.

That is their basis of course, but they do offer plugins that allow much more.
Some of them include javascript, some don't. A global search function is
another example of a jekyll plugin that makes it much more like a "real" CMS.
It's all in their "docs" section of the website. Also, running jekyll in
"watch" mode, will make it  re-generate the static content each time the source
content has changed. This will make it look very much dynamic even without
extra plugins.