help-libtasn1

Re: libtasn1 compilation fix on Solaris 9

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: libtasn1 compilation fix on Solaris 9
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 23:29:34 +0200

Thomas Klausner <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 09:45:30AM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> The patch looks wrong to me, though, because stdint.h should be
>> generated in lib/gllib/ if the system does not have it (or if it is not
>> correct), and the -I's should make the code find the local file instead.
>> Thus, the code should be able to unconditionally include the header
>> file.
>>
>> Could you quote the build command and error message when the patch is
>> not used?  As far as I can tell, the patch should not be necessary.
>
> Thanks for the information.
> Since the patch was added more than 2 years ago and I didn't find a
> test builder to confirm it is needed, I've removed it; I might get
> back to you if someone complains :) then we can track it down.

Great, if the patch isn't obviously needed, and there is no hints about
what it helps with, then removing it seems like the best approach.  It
may be that this bug was fixed in a different way by adding -I's at some
release since then -- I recall that there were some -I's missing that
may result in gnulib's stdint.h not being found properly.

/Simon