help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Web page, team profiles, weapons & voxels

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Web page, team profiles, weapons & voxels
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 18:01:01 +0200

Le 04/09/11 17:44, Kasper Hviid a écrit :
The only obstacle is that all the current levels are exactly as 2D as
the sprites you mentioned. They are not compatible with your 3D
vision. Some new artwork would need to be created, either using
voxels, or with bitmap, using a fake 2½D technique like this:
http://www.scenicreflections.com/download/423243/Sidewalk_Painting_-_Fake_World_Wallpaper/
Not necessarily, maybeI wasn't clear enough, but if we render things as voxels, fighters *and* map would be rendered that way. Remember we have layers. Basically, we could represent the different levels, the fact the color map is 2d ain't a problem, this is just some form of 2d and a half, the 2d bitmap is extruded on the z-axis, that's all.

It's important to keep the same artwork so that the same map can ne played 2d or 3d, this is pure eye candy.

I'm not sure what you asking, but the texture should look okay, at
least it did on my machine.

The game engine takes fumes.png and resizes it to the size of the game
window, ignoring its original aspect ratio. For this reason, I have
adjusted fumes.png so that it looks best with a aspect ratio of 16:9,
which is somewhat mainstream.
OK, got it.

Have a nice day,

Christian.