paths question

From: Yossi . Itzkovich
Subject: paths question
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 22:28:33 +0300

Hi,

It's my first complicated makefile and I request for some help.

Our project is built from software packages that are constructed in the
following structure:

                pkg
   pubinc                 prv                    obj
                           inc        src

all .cc files are in prv/src, private .h files are in prv/inc,  and public
.h files are in pubinc directory.

a user may have only some of the files that contain the pkg he wants to
build in his local directories, and so make should take the missing files
from the product directories.

for example:
(assuming we are in prv/src)
to build ../../obj/foo.o we depend on current directory's foo.cc, but if it
is missing - we want to depend (and compile) the one that is at
$PRODUCT_PKG)/prv/src/foo.cc .

how can I do it?

Thanks

Yossi