Exported variable not being set when using gnu make

From: Kedziora, Rebecca
Subject: Exported variable not being set when using gnu make
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:01:58 -0500

Hello,

I am on a Solaris box using gnu make version 3.79.1.

I use the korn shell.  In my makefile I need to export the CVSROOT.  I have
to do this because we have
several cvs repositories and I need to switch from one to another.

I created a variable in the makefile as such:

J2EE_CVS= export CVSROOT=:pserver:$(shell
whoami)@cvchost.bmc.com:/home/cvs/src

I created a target:

get_j2ee:
        $(J2EE_CVS) ;\
        cvs co -A j2ee

The error I am getting is:

/bin/sh:  CVSROOT=:pserver:address@hidden:/home/cvs/src: is not an
identifier

I can see that it is using the sh shell but I need for it to use the korn
shell.  I tried different variations to do this and it will not set the
CVSROOT to which I can't check out modules.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,

Rebecca