Re: "Advanced Auto-Dependency Generation" question

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: "Advanced Auto-Dependency Generation" question
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:30:53 -0400

%% "Angel Tsankov" <address@hidden> writes:

  >> BTW, I don't need to @echo in the %.d rule. An empty command line
  >> (tab) was sufficient for my make version.

  at> I supposed it would do, but I'd already implemented the @echo
  at> version which I had tested and it worked.

Note that an empty command line is slightly more efficient because make
is smart enough to realize that there is nothing to do and it won't even
run a shell.

But, since this happens so rarely it's not a big deal either way.