Re: Fetching sources for multiple interdependent targets

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Fetching sources for multiple interdependent targets
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:57:00 -0400

%% "Vesselin Peev" <address@hidden> writes:

  vp> I have multiple interdependent targets in a single GNU Makefile,
  vp> each depending on source files that have the same names as the
  vp> source files in another target but residing in a different
  vp> directory. How do I fetch the files with the same names from the
  vp> appropriate directory for each target unless I specify the full
  vp> path for each file?

I don't really understand what you're trying to do (a small, simple
example would be helpful), but I think the short answer is "you can't".

If you're dealing with files with the same names in different
directories you generally need to write out the directory prefix, or how
can make know which ones you meant?