Re: Can changes in a makefile trigger a rebuild?

From: Travis Spencer
Subject: Re: Can changes in a makefile trigger a rebuild?
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:03:50 -0700

On 8/24/05, Ken Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tom Tromey's "Advanced
> Auto-Dependency Generation" doc avoids the need to have the target
> depend on the dependency makefile.  You may want to check it out.
>
> http://make.paulandlesley.org/autodep.html

I found Paul's explanation to be very insightful and useful.  With
this method and a little extra help from the nice folks on this list,
I was able to create a very generic Makefile that I've used to build
every homework assignment since I wrote it.  In school, we often move
from one little project to the next very quickly.  Writing Makefiles
for each one can be a pain and graders don't want an autotooled
application.

In case it helps, Angel, my generic Makefile can be found at
http://www.travisspencer.com/blog/2005/01/03/index.thtml.
Improvements and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

--

Regards,

Travis Spencer