multiple targets in one rule

From: Christian Bird
Subject: multiple targets in one rule
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:35:37 -0700

I've got a questions regarding having multiple targets in one rule.
I'm using antlr (a parser generator).  In normal use, if I do:

runantlr python.g

then the files PythonLexer.java PythonParser.java
PythonParserTokenTypes.java and PythonParserTokenTypes.txt are
generated.  Of course, for all of the .java files above, .class files
depend on them.

So I created a rule:

PythonLexer.java PythonParser.java PythonParserTokenTypes.java \
PythonParserTokenTypes.txt : python.g
        $(ANTLR) python.g

This works, but it ends up running antlr on python.g four times which
seems bad.  Is there a better way to do this?  Thanks for any help
people can offer.

-- Chris

--
Christian Bird