Re: When will Make 3.81beta2 be available as an official release?

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: When will Make 3.81beta2 be available as an official release?
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:00:19 -0400

%% "Sarbak, Joseph T." <address@hidden> writes:

  sjt> I have been using this version for about 8 months and am very
  sjt> happy with it.  I am curious to know why this version has been in
  sjt> beta for so long (I think three years)?  Is there a plan and date
  sjt> to make this an official release?

It's still in beta because there are still important bugs that need to
be fixed before it can be released.

There is a plan (basically, "fix the critical bugs") but no date.

Note there is a newer beta than the one you're using, at the official
beta site for GNU make:

    ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/make/

Cheers!