Re: Prerequisites processing order

From: Ken Smith
Subject: Re: Prerequisites processing order
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 18:24:45 -0400

On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 10:32:49AM +0300, Angel Tsankov wrote:
> >If you want to use -j you MUST declare all dependency relationships
> >and
> >not rely on any ordering implicit in the makefile.
> >

> How do I define dependency relationships?

Paul is just saying that you have to create rules for all the files that
your build deals with.  Dependency relationships are defined, as you
may already know, with the following syntax.

target: prerequisite

In the vernacular of the build world, 'prerequisite' is a dependency of
'target'.  There is a dependency relationship between 'target' and
'prerequisite'.

  Ken