Re: improvements for parallel makes ?

From: Alexey Neyman
Subject: Re: improvements for parallel makes ?
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 12:04:32 +0400

Christophe,

the original patch worked as follows: if the next dependency in chain
is marked as 'waiting', the rest of the dependency chain was skipped
until next pass. However, this doesn't prevent make from considering
other dependency chains (which, of course, may contain the same goal
as well).

This information can be stored in the 'struct file' instead. But this
will lead to other problems, rooted at the fact that GNU make does
not know a priori which targets are going to be made.

Regards,
Alexey.