Re: a couple more questions on (what else?) multi-arch builds

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: a couple more questions on (what else?) multi-arch builds
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 00:26:17 +0000

On 2006-5-12 20:01 UTC, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>       ${MAKE} \
>               -C $@ \
>               --no-print-directory \
>               -f ${CURDIR}/Makefile \
>               SRCDIR="${CURDIR}" \
>               -I${CURDIR} \
>               CPPFLAGS="${CPPFLAGS}" \
>               ${MAKECMDGOALS}

Looks good. In particular, I think we always need to pass
>               SRCDIR="${CURDIR}" \
with this technique.

As for
>               -I${CURDIR} \
I avoid 'make --include-dir' because I couldn't find a way to prevent
"macro" makefiles (that are included in many makefiles) from being
remade repeatedly, unless I included them by absolute pathname:
  include $(SRCDIR)/configuration.make

As for
>       CPPFLAGS += -I${CURDIR}
(which you write outside the $(MAKE) command of course), don't you
really want '-I${CURDIR}' at the beginning of your include list?
If someone does 'make CPPFLAGS="-I/foo/bar/"' and /foo/bar/ just
happens to have a header whose name shadows one of yours, then
yours in SRCDIR won't be used.