Sorting alphabetically

From: Anoneironaut
Subject: Sorting alphabetically
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 07:31:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hey guys.  I'm trying to sort a long list of files in alphabetical order.
All of the files are case sensitive so I can't change the names at all.
I've tried using the GNU sort function but it sorts things based on their
ASCII value and not alphabetically.  So for example with a list like this:

A aa B bb

I get:

A B a b

when I really want:

A aa B bb

Is it possible for me to do this?

-Anon

P.S.
I'm running Gnu Make 3.80 on a Windows XP Professional O.S.