Re: Regarding running shell script from Makefile

From: gshejin
Subject: Re: Regarding running shell script from Makefile
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 03:02:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the quick reply. Let me put my problem in a clear way. I have
third party shell script which are used for generating and compiling there
source files. This scritps inturn calls some more scripts and all these are
located in one common place let's say /myhome/tools/bin. In my make file i
have the following thing to build the product. The MY_DIR has the third
party source. The script name is mkproduct which builds the thrid party
source.

=================================
mkp:
  @echo "Mkproduct..."
  @echo "-----------------------------------------"
  @if [ ! "$(MY_DIR)" ] ;then echo "The Atmos Directory path is not set...";
else echo "Atmos Directory path is set" ;if
[ -d $(MY_DIR) ] ;then  echo "$(MY_DIR) exists...Starting mkproduct..." ;
echo "mkproduct options:$(ARGS_MKP)";cd $(MY_DIR); mkproduct $(ARGS_MKP); if
[ $$? -eq 0 ] ;then echo "Mkproduct ended successfully..." ;else echo "Error
during mkproduct..." ;fi ;else echo "$(MY_DIR) does not exist" ;fi;fi
=================================

In normal scenerio I will do the following thing
$export PATH=/myhome/tools/bin:$PATH
$make mkp

This will build the third party source.

But, my requirement is to have the PATH defined in Makefile and then just
run the make mkp, which should execute the shell script and other scritps
which are there in /myhome/tools/bin. But I am encountering the following
error.

/bin/sh: line 1: mkproduct: command not found
Error during mkproduct...

I hope this explains the problem I am facing.

Thanks in advance.
-sg