Re: Building gsoap in AIX 5.1 get make errors

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Building gsoap in AIX 5.1 get make errors
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 00:10:53 -0400

On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 16:32 +0100, Mannion, Enda wrote:
> yacc  -d -v `test -f 'soapcpp2_yacc.y' || echo './'`soapcpp2_yacc.y
> make[4]: *** [soapcpp2_yacc.c] Broken pipe

Hm.  This rings a bell but I just can't remember details.  I can't find
anything in the archives either.

Here are a couple of things to look at:

     1. In order to use the -l flag on AIX you must install make with
        setgid privileges.  I vaguely remember hearing that this can
        cause some problems on AIX, for some reason.  Check to see if
        your version of GNU make is installed setgid.
     2. You're not using csh as the shell for GNU make, are you (setting
        SHELL to csh?)  That definitely won't work if you want to use
        parallel builds: csh does some silly things that break make's
        jobserver feature.