Re: Variable definition in eval'd function

From: Bryan Ischo
Subject: Re: Variable definition in eval'd function
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:03:39 -0400 (EDT)

> On 10/10/07, Bryan Ischo <address@hidden> wrote:

> ---foo.mk---BEGIN
> foo_VARIABLE = foo_variable
> ---foo.mk---END
>
> ---bar.mk---BEGIN
> bar_VARIABLE = bar_variable
> ---bar.mk---END

Thank you for the suggestion.  I had thought of that already as a possible
workaround; essentially giving every variable a unique name so that when
the rule evaluates and the variable is substituted, there can be no
'overwriting' of variables causing any problems.

I was hoping to avoid this though as what you suggest makes the makefile
fragments just a little bit messier to write; not much messier but just a
tiny bit.  But without any other workaround, what you suggest is I think a
good alternative.

Thank you, and best wishes,
Bryan