Re: how to get make to terminate itself at the first error?

From: Martin d Anjou
Subject: Re: how to get make to terminate itself at the first error?
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 19:05:24 -0500 (EST)

Well, I guess you could change the code to send a SIGINT to the process
group, the same way using ^C at the command line would.

Ok, so here is a variation on my previous attempt. This time, I use SIGINT:

// job.c inside reap_children() near line 500:
if (err && block)
  {
    static int printed = 0;
    fflush (stdout);
    if (!printed)
    {
      error (NILF, _("*** Waiting for unfinished jobs...."));
      fatal_error_signal(SIGINT);
    }
    printed = 1;
  }

I am not getting what I want from this code. The prompt does come back, but child processes do not completely go away. So this is not the same as ^C. Perhaps I am not doing this in the correct place in the code.

Martin