Re: Error 255 (The input line is too long.)

From: Stephan Beal
Subject: Re: Error 255 (The input line is too long.)
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:28:36 +0100

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Arun Kumar Gowdru
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Could you please help me to resolve this Bug and please let me know the
> reason for the same.

Any answers would be purely speculative - you haven't told us ANYTHING
about your environment. At what point in the makefile does the error
occur? What does the makefile look like? What operating system?

This is just speculation, but it sounds like the error is coming from
your compiler or shell by passing too many arguments (is this
DOS/Windows?), or a command which your makefile is running which reads
some external input.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/