RE: Passing environment variables in reciepes

From: Warlich, Christof
Subject: RE: Passing environment variables in reciepes
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 13:06:58 +0100

Kristof Provost wrote:
> Each line in the recipe is executed in its own shell.
> If you add '; \' behind the 'fi', so echo is executed in the same shell
> as the if statement you'll have a different result.

Yeah, I should have tried this myself! My misconception was that I thought that
exporting the variable would make it visible in the subsequent reciepe line.
It's only now that I realize that this was wrong as the subsequent reciepe is
not a sub-shell of the first reciepe.

Thanks for Jed's  and your help,