Re: Automatic Dependency Generation

From: Stephan Beal
Subject: Re: Automatic Dependency Generation
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 18:49:33 +0200

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 6:20 PM, Ajay Jain <address@hidden> wrote:

> Finally, this generates a dependency file in SRC sub directory. The
> file is not hidden. If I have to make it hidden, what change will I
> have to make in the rule? I tried writing the rule, but I was not
> successful.

The book "Managing Projects with GNU Make", by O'Reilly, goes into a good
deal of detail about various approaches. i maintain a forked copy of that
book here:

http://wanderinghorse.net/computing/make/

you might want to take a look at that. Search that doc for "Tromey" and you
should find it quickly.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/