.RECIPEPREFIX

From: ali hagigat
Subject: .RECIPEPREFIX
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 14:31:55 +0430

I think that the explanation of .RECIPEPREFIX in the make manual misses some
cases. If I use white spaces before the first letter of the value of that
variable, what will be our prefix character? Like:
.RECIPEPREFIX=        n
What happnes if .RECIPEPREFIX is set to some white spaces(like the space
character). or a <tab> charcter and then some other characters. If
.RECIPEPREFIX is set by = behaves the same as :=?